Perfect for patchworking and quilting!
In this review we’re having a look at the brand new Jaguar DQS 403QSE sewing machine, which is fast becoming a favourite of many here.
Although it’s described as an “entry level machine” it is in fact rather more sophisticated than that, but is still remarkably easy to use – and thread of course!
Our 10 favourite DQS403SE sewing machine features
There are so many, it’s been really hard to pick out only ten – let alone get them in an order of preference. But after a couple of weeks of enjoyable playing around, these are some of our favourite capabilities (in no particular order).
- Direct stitch selection – no need to search for a stitch anymore, simple input your stitch number and start sewing.
- Start / stop function – to allow you to sew without the foot control, this makes the sewing of long seams, free motion and buttons easy.
- 13 variable needle positions – 4 top stitching perfect for sewing zips.
- External drop feed – ideal for freehand embroidery and stippling helping you to create your own patchwork and quilting projects.
- Easy to use speed slider control – giving you full control over the speed of your machine.
- Needle up / down – touch a button to set your needle to automatically stop up or down in the fabric for pivoting, appliqué and more.
- Extra presser foot lift – allows easy sewing of thick fabrics.
- Top loading jam proof bobbin – including a see through view slide plate allowing you to see when bobbin needs to be changed.
- Slim free arm – for working on tubular items such as cuffs, trouser legs and more.
- Accessory storage space – lots of space in the free arm extension platform. Keep things tidy…
Entry level? We don’t think so….
THE JAGUAR SEWING RANGE – FOR EVERYTHING FROM CRAFTS TO SOFT FURNISHINGS!
The unique DQS (Digital Quick-threading System) has now been introduced to the UK. All current models come with a three year parts and labour guarantee and the 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Exclusive to Jaguar overlocker sewing machines – the unique cutting system opens up 180 degrees giving easy access to the looper thread guides.