Sewing hints and tips from Jaguar Sewing machines
Have fun with your sewing machines and overlockers!
We’ve assembled a number of interesting how-tos and technique demonstrators that cover everything from how to use sewing feet, easy start-up projects, right through to how to make corduroy trousers. Have fun!
They make sewing MUCH easier – and even more fun! We’ve waxed lyrical about sewing machine presser feet on a number of occasions – and we think they’re the most underrated and overlooked addon in sewing land! Described as “a life savior of the sewist” on the Sew Guide website, the good old presser foot … Continue reading Why we just love sewing machine presser feet →
It’s “a really fun way to get creative” We love quilting here at Jaguar Sewing Machine Central, so we’re always on the look out for some useful quilting tips, tricks and techniques to share with our colleagues and sewing groups. (Get in touch if you’d like us to cover a specific topic in a forthcoming … Continue reading Some wonderful quilting tips! →
Perfect for patchworking and quilting! This time we’re spilling the beans on why we love the Jaguar DQS 403QSE sewing machine – and it’s giving us a problem. There are so many features that we like, we couldn’t restrict the list to “our top 10 features”, because there are way more than that! Somehow “27 reasons we … Continue reading Exactly why did the Jaguar DQS403SE sewing machine catch our eye? →
Loving sewing is a great way to start exercising – or not… New Year – lots of new resolutions. This is the time of year when many people are already conveniently forgetting those heartfelt intentions to get fit. Live well. Go to the gym. Cut down on the booze… Many of us have actually taken … Continue reading Enjoying making your workout wear doesn’t force you to go to the gym! →
Perfect for patchworking and quilting! In this review we’re having a look at the brand new Jaguar DQS 403QSE sewing machine, which is fast becoming a favourite of many here. Although it’s described as an “entry level machine” it is in fact rather more sophisticated than that, but is still remarkably easy to use – and thread … Continue reading New sewing machine focus – the 10 reasons we love the Jaguar DQS403SE →
Shorten the leg – but keep the original stressed hem We love our favourite prestressed, prewashed jeans. It’s so hard to find a pair that fits well – and you want to ensure that everything is just so when you wear them. BUT – there’s a common problem. What if, having just found your dream … Continue reading How to avoid the dreaded pristine hem when you take up a pair of jeans →
More wonderful sewing tips and how-tos
- Why we just love sewing machine presser feet
- Some wonderful quilting tips!
- Exactly why did the Jaguar DQS403SE sewing machine catch our eye?
- Enjoying making your workout wear doesn’t force you to go to the gym!
- New sewing machine focus – the 10 reasons we love the Jaguar DQS403SE
- How to avoid the dreaded pristine hem when you take up a pair of jeans
- New product focus – is this the ideal sewing machine for beginners?
- Why threading a sewing machine isn’t a problem – for some!
- Winter coat DIY: how your sewing machine can keep you warm this winter
- 39 top sewing hacks, tips and how-tos
- Can you turn a sewing passion into a business?
- Our top tips on avoiding those dreaded sewing mistakes
- Sewing tutorials: how to banish those dreaded zip fears!
- Easter bunny sewing projects for you to try
- Sewing tips for beginners
- Top tips for sewing with corduroy
- So you have a sewing machine – what are you going to do with it?
- More about sewing machine feet – why we love them!
- Our favourite quilting tips
- Why Sew Magazine loves the Jaguar DQS 377 sewing machine
- Did you know that threading a sewing machine could be this quick and easy?
- Why do you need to know about sewing machine feet?
- Overlocker sewing machine advantages
- Sew Style & Home love the Jaguar DQS 405 sewing machine!
- New to sewing? Here are some ideas to get you started
- Overlocker / serger sewing tips
- Four tips for the more experienced sewer
- Climbing Kilimanjaro to support mothers and babies in Kenya
- Quilting: not everything you need to know, but…
- Favourite Easter sewing projects
Share the love!
Do you have any exciting sewing tips that we could share with our readers?
If so, please get in touch and let us know.
We will of course supply all credits and links back to you that you require.