The Jaguar DQS 401 sewing machine
The Jaguar DQS401 – the ideal choice sewing machine for beginners
This is the perfect computerised sewing machine for hassle free sewing. This contains all of the essential features needed by new sewists and experienced sewists who are looking for a good quality product at a keen price – in our opinion, this is the best budget sewing machine in the UK market.
This entry-level computerised sewing machine is packed full of useful features – it includes: 40 stitches, a needle threader, different needle positions and a drop-in bobbin. Jaguar DQS401 has good and varied selection of stitches including stretch stitches, decorative stitches, satin stitches as well plus 4 fully automated buttonholes.
With so many different sewing machine models out there and so many different features, buying a sewing machine that suits your needs can often be a daunting task.
If you are tired of using the same stitches on your mechanical sewing machine or are not happy with the quality of your stitching or frustrated with your current selection of decorative stitches – the Jaguar DQS401 will be your new best friend!
Features of the Jaguar DQS401 sewing machine
- Maximum sewing speed of 700 stitches-per-minute.
- Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer.
- Strong internal machine skeleton of the sewing machine has a rigid support that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
- Easily change presser feet without the use of a screwdriver.
- Soft cover to keep the sewing machine free of dust and debris while not in use.
- The position of the needle can be adjusted for individual projects including inserting zips, cording and topstitching.
- Horizontal sewing machine, full rotary system.
- The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew from the lightest weight to the heaviest denim, without making presser foot adjustments.
- The extra-high presser foot lifter offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- This machine provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, trouser bottoms and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- Automatic optimal settings for length and width can be overridden to personalise length choice.
- Tie-off decorative stitches with just a push of a button; with 4 tiny tacking stitches the start and end of the pattern is reinforced, ensuring quality stitching and prevents unravelling.
- Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- 40 built in stitches.
Fully automated one 4 styles of one step buttonholes.
Start/stop button, machine can be used with or with out foot control.
Speed limiter – you determine how fast or slow you want to proceed.Programmable needle up/down position, ideal for going round corners or positioning your fabric when quilting.
Up to 7 mm stitch width.
The LCD screen provides clear and easy viewing of stitch patterns, including stitch length and width.
Auto bobbin de-clutch.
Side thread cutter.
Twin needle capability.
Direct stitch selection buttons.
13 variable needle positions.
Approx dimensions: Size: 387(W) x 204(D) x 301(H) mm.
Why you’ll love this…
- Top loading jam proof bobbin – including a see through view slide plate allowing you to see when bobbin needs to be changed.
- Easy to use speed slider control – giving you full control over the speed of your machine.
- Start / stop function – to allow you to sew without the foot control, this makes the sewing of long seams, free motion and buttons much more.
- Direct stitch selection – no need to search for a stitch anymore, simple input your stitch number and start sewing.
- Needle up / down button – touch a button to set your needle to automatically stop up or down in the fabric for pivoting, applique and more.
- 13 variable needle positions – 4 top stitching perfect for sewing zips.
- Slim free arm – For working on tubular items such as cuffs, trouser legs and more.
- External drop feed – ideal for freehand embroidery and stippling helping you to create your own patchwork and quilting projects.
- Extra presser foot lift – allows easy sewing of thick fabrics.
- Accessory storage space – lots of space in the free arm extension platform.